Burn Care Treatment in Lafayette, LA
Patients Lafayette, LA who have been disfigured as a result of burns often seek treatment from the surgeons at Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette to restore a normal appearance to the skin and increase range of motion as well as reduce the risk for infection.
What Is Burn Care Reconstruction?
Burn care often occurs in emergency rooms, and the doctors are focused on preventing infection and initiating healing of soft tissues. As a result, cosmetic appearance of the resultant scar is typically not considered.
Benefits of Burn Care Reconstruction
- Reduce the appearance of your burn scars
- “Reconstruct” the affected area to improve your range of motion
- Skin grafts
- Laser treatments
Burn Care Reconstruction Procedure
A variety of surgical techniques may be used for burn care reconstructive surgery. These may include:
- Scar release: performed when burn scar contracture (tightening) has occurred, causing limited movement and an unsightly appearance.
- Skin grafting: a more extensive surgery that is performed under general anesthesia on an inpatient basis.
- Skin flaps: similar to skin grafting in that it involves moving healthy tissue from one area on your body to another affected by skin burns.
- Tissue expansion: an alternative to skin grafting that is usually requires several stages.
Your surgeon will discuss all of the options with you and detail the procedure in full detail.
Preparing for Burn Care Reconstruction
Although the goal of burn care reconstructive surgery is to restore the skin’s appearance as fully as possible, burn care patients need to be realistic in their expectations. There is no one procedure available, surgical or otherwise, that will completely erase the appearance of scars.
Burn Care Reconstruction Recovery
Common symptoms include temporary swelling, bruising and discomfort. Medication will be prescribed to help you manage pain levels for the first few days following your procedure.*
*Take note individual results may vary
What Does Burn Care Reconstruction Cost?
We accept most insurance including workers’ comp and we offer financing options through CareCredit®. The total cost depends on the procedure. After your consultation appointment, we give you a total cost that includes anesthesia, pre- and post-operative care, and other associated costs. To learn more, call our office today.
Why Choose Plastic Surgery Associates
- We are the premier providers for reconstruction in Lafayette.
- Our team of surgical experts are highly qualified to perform a number of different reconstruction procedures.
- We offer a personalized and individualized treatment approach.
- We prioritize your health and well-being above all else.
What to Expect During your Consultation
We believe exceptional patient care is a right, not a privilege. Several areas will be covered during your consultation, including:
- Your medical history
- Discussion of your concerns and goals
- Explanation of procedure and expected results
- Customized treatment plan(s)
- Applicable fees and financing information
Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette offers cosmetic treatments using the latest medical advances to patients in entire Acadiana region, including New Iberia, Abbeville, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, and Monroe. For your private consultation, contact our office today