Facelift in Lafayette, LA
To correct sagging skin on the face that often comes with age, the plastic surgeons at Plastic Surgery Associates perform face lifts on patients in Lafayette, LA, who want to look and feel younger.
If wrinkles and sagging skin are making you look permanently tired or older than you feel, you may want to restore your natural contours with a facelift.
What is a Facelift?
The techniques used for facelifts have improved significantly over the years, including the use of less extensive techniques combined with injectables. Men and women are now seeking the superior care of Plastic Surgery Associates for facelifts that give naturally looking, long-lasting results with minimal downtime.
Benefits of a Facelift
- Reduce and even eliminate the appearance of lines, wrinkles, and sagging in the face
- Tighten overall skin of the face
- Restore confidence
Anesthesia is required for your facelift. Two techniques are used for most patients – a traditional facelift and a limited incision facelift.
- The traditional facelift is recommended for patients who have generalized cosmetic problems in several areas of the face. In these cases, the incision is placed along the hairline and around the ear. This allows for a greater degree of correction and tissue manipulation. During the procedure, your plastic surgeon may reposition pockets of fat to fill in the lines and creases, as well as add fullness to certain areas of your face. The procedure may also involve removing fat and skin, as well as tightening the muscles with sutures.
- The limited incision facelift requires smaller incisions, typically from the temple and around the ear. Once the incisions are made, the plastic surgeon follows the same process of removing and redistributing fat, removing excess skin and tightening underlying muscles.
Preparing for a Facelift
A facelift is an extensive procedure and any discomfort during recovery can be managed with prescription medications. Patients typically report some tightness, bruising, and swelling following the procedure. Most of these symptoms subside within two to three weeks.
Most patients return to work approximately two weeks post-surgery. Your surgeon schedules several follow-up visits to monitor your healing and help you make a determination of when you can resume normal activities.
What Does a Facelift Cost?
We accept most insurance plans and we offer financing options through CareCredit®. The total cost depends on the procedure. After your consultation appointment, we give you a total cost that includes anesthesia, pre- and post-operative care, and other associated costs. To learn more, call our office today.
What to Expect During your Consultation
We believe exceptional patient care is a right, not a privilege. Several areas will be covered during your consultation, including:
- Your medical history
- Discussion of your concerns and goals
- Explanation of procedure and expected results
- Customized treatment plan(s)
- Applicable fees and financing information
Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette offers cosmetic treatments using the latest medical advances to patients in entire Acadiana region, including New Iberia, Abbeville, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, and Monroe. For your private consultation, contact our office today.