Lip Enhancement in Lafayette, LA
Patients in Lafayette, LA, who have significant fine lines and wrinkles around the lips and mouth may benefit from lip enhancement treatments at Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette in order to have fuller, plumper lips.
What is Lip Enhancement?
Lip enhancement is a cosmetic procedure that adds fullness to your lips through the use of injectable fillers or implants. Certain medical conditions may indicate that lip enhancement is not right for you, including cold sores, lupus, diabetes, and scars in the lip area. Should you have any of these conditions, your plastic surgeon may recommend alternatives to improve your facial features.
Lip Enhancement Benefits
- A more defined smile
- Can help turn the corners of the mouth upwards
- Give lips a more youthful looking appearance
- Thinning lips appear more fuller
*Photos courtesy of Restylane USA
Lip Enhancement Procedure
Your plastic surgeon may use dermal fillers, implants, or a combination of fillers and implants for your lip enhancement.
- For dermal fillers, topical anesthesia is used to numb the area. This helps reduce the sensation of a small gauge needle being injected into your lip area. The filler is injected into several areas until the desired fullness is achieved.
- If implants are used for your lip enhancement, an incision is made either inside your lip or along the pigmentation line of your natural lip. The location of the incisions is intended to hide or reduce visible scarring. The implant is inserted through the incision and positioned inside your lip. Once your plastic surgeon is satisfied with the position, the incisions sutured closed.
Preparing for Lip Enhancement
Prior to your procedure, ask your physician if you should arrange to have someone drive you home. While this may not be needed for injectable fillers, you may find it necessary for more invasive lip augmentation procedures like implants.
Lip Enhancement Recovery
Fillers require no downtime. You may have some mild swelling, tenderness, and bruising. An ice pack helps reduce these symptoms. Dermal fillers require no downtime, but implants require you to take a few days to heal. For both fillers and implants, you should protect your lip area from injuries until you are completely healed.*
*Take note individual results may vary
- For lip enhancement with injectable fillers, the results typically last six to twelve months.
- For lip enhancement with facial implants, the results are permanent.
What Does Lip Enhancement Cost?
We accept most insurance plans and we offer financing options through CareCredit®. The total cost depends on the procedure. After your consultation appointment, we give you a total cost that includes anesthesia, pre- and post-operative care, and other associated costs. To learn more, call our office today.
What to Expect During your Consultation
We believe exceptional patient care is a right, not a privilege. Several areas will be covered during your consultation, including:
- Your medical history
- Discussion of your concerns and goals
- Explanation of procedure and expected results
- Customized treatment plan(s)
- Applicable fees and financing information
Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette offers cosmetic treatments using the latest medical advances to patients in entire Acadiana region, including New Iberia, Abbeville, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, and Monroe. For your private consultation, contact our office today.