Scar Revision Treatment in Lafayette, LA
At Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette, LA, our plastic surgeons treat patients with scar revision procedures to diminish very pronounced scars as well as return range of motion to areas of the body that may have been restricted due to scarring.
What Is Scar Revision?
Even though your scar is one of your body’s greatest creations, you may feel self-conscious because of its appearance or location. While no scar can be removed completely, our skilled surgeons can often improve the appearance of a scar, making it less obvious through the injection or application of certain steroid medications or through surgical procedures known as scar revisions.
Benefits of Scar Revision
- Increased quality of life
- Improved confidence
- Enhanced self-esteem
Scar Revision Procedure
Scar revision procedures are highly individualized, and our expert surgeons will work with you to determine the most appropriate course of action. Several options are available:
- Z-plasty: surgical technique repositions a scar so that it follows a natural line or crease in the skin more closely and so is less noticeable.
- Dermabrasion: creates scars which dramatically improve the texture and thickness of scars
- Skin graftin & Skin flaps: involves transferring healthy tissue from one area on your body to cover the affected area
Topical treatments, minimally invasive procedures, or surgical intervention may all be suitable options depending upon the location, severity, and nature of the scar.
Preparing for Scar Revision Treatment
Do not panic if you think your scar looks worse than it originally did following your procedure. Chances are you will be pleased with the final results, which may actually not become apparent for a year or more.
Scar Revision Recovery
The risks associated with scar revision treatment depend upon the course of treatment selected. Invasive procedures always carry with them some degree of risks, and additional risks can be associated with anesthesia. We will detail all of these for you during your initial consultation.*
*Take note individual results may vary
What Does Scar Revision Cost?
We accept most insurance including workers’ comp and we offer financing options through CareCredit®. The total cost depends on the procedure. After your consultation appointment, we give you a total cost that includes anesthesia, pre- and post-operative care, and other associated costs. To learn more, call our office today.
Why Choose Plastic Surgery Associates
- We are the premier providers for reconstruction in Lafayette.
- Our team of surgical experts are highly qualified to perform a number of different reconstruction procedures.
- We offer a personalized and individualized treatment approach.
- We prioritize your health and well-being above all else.
What to Expect During your Consultation
We believe exceptional patient care is a right, not a privilege. Several areas will be covered during your consultation, including:
- Your medical history
- Discussion of your concerns and goals
- Explanation of procedure and expected results
- Customized treatment plan(s)
- Applicable fees and financing information
Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette offers cosmetic treatments using the latest medical advances to patients in entire Acadiana region, including New Iberia, Abbeville, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, and Monroe. For your private consultation, contact our office today.