Skin Tumors Treatment in Lafayette, LA
At Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette, our plastic surgeons perform surgical procedures such as Mohs Micrographic Surgery on patients in Lafayette, LA to remove skin tumors with minimal scarring.
What Are Skin Tumors?
The word “tumor” is used in the medical community to describe any type of abnormal growth, such as a growth on your skin.
Benefits of Skin Tumor Removal
- Minimal damage to surrounding tissue
- Reconstruction of the treatment site is possible during the same visit
- Maximal cosmetic results
Skin Tumor Removal Procedure
While the majority of skin tumors diagnosed are not cancerous, during your consultation our surgeons will examine the area of concern and if needed, order a biopsy of the tumor to rule out malignancy. Most operations will be done under local anesthesia and once the site of the tumor is cleaned, a thin layer of tissue will be removed. Our goals include the following:
- Complete removal of the tumor
- Reconstruction of the surgical wound so as to optimize the aesthetic result.
- Keep the surgical wound as small as possible given the size of the tumor.
After the tumor is removed, a decision is made on the best method for treating the wound created by the surgery. These methods include:
- Letting the wound heal by itself
- Closing the wound in a side to side fashion with stitches
- Closing the wound with a skin graft or a flap.
Preparing for Skin Tumor Removal
Any type of invasive operative procedure will leave behind a scar, and skin tumor procedures are no exception. Our qualified plastic surgeons not only offer you extensive surgical experience, they also offer skills and training in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery which allows them to remove your tumor while simultaneously minimizing expected scarring.
Skin Tumor Removal Recovery
Typical recovery depends on the location, size of the defect, what type of reconstruction was required. If necessary, sutures are removed for most sites at a week and in most cases it takes a full 6-12 months to get the final cosmetic result. A follow-up visit with your surgeon will be scheduled after the procedure to discuss biopsy results and ensure proper healing.*
*Take note individual results may vary
What Does Skin Tumor Removal Cost?
We accept most insurance including workers’ comp and we offer financing options through CareCredit®. The total cost depends on the procedure. After your consultation appointment, we give you a total cost that includes anesthesia, pre- and post-operative care, and other associated costs. To learn more, call our office today.
Why Choose Plastic Surgery Associates
- We are the premier providers for reconstruction in Lafayette.
- Our team of surgical experts are highly qualified to perform a number of different reconstruction procedures.
- We offer a personalized and individualized treatment approach.
- We prioritize your health and well-being above all else.
What to Expect During your Consultation
We believe exceptional patient care is a right, not a privilege. Several areas will be covered during your consultation, including:
- Your medical history
- Discussion of your concerns and goals
- Explanation of procedure and expected results
- Customized treatment plan(s)
- Applicable fees and financing information
Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette offers cosmetic treatments using the latest medical advances to patients in entire Acadiana region, including New Iberia, Abbeville, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, and Monroe. For your private consultation, contact our office today.