Fat injections are an alternative to synthetic dermal fillers used to restore volume and diminish fine lines and wrinkles. At Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette, the plastic surgeons treat patients in Lafayette, LA, with fat injections to restore a younger and fresher appearance.
What are Fat Injections?
Fat injections allow you to use your own body fat to add fullness to your face, enhance your natural contours, and even reduce lines and wrinkles.
Benefits of Fat Injections
- Fat injections are the safest and most natural filler available
- Fat injections produce natural looking results
- Fat injections create long-lasting results that exceed those of any cosmetic filler available
Fat Injection Procedure
Your fat injection procedure starts with liposuction to harvest existing fat from other parts of your body, such as the abdomen, thighs, or hips. The harvested fat, which can also be stored and used for future treatments, is processed and then injected into the treatment site through a series of injections.
The needle is usually passed in and out of the skin several times in order to create a “grid” of threads of fat graft. This ensures that the fat is distributed evenly throughout the area requiring augmentation.
Preparing for Fat Injections
At first, it may appear that too much fat was injected into the treatment area. This is not the case as the results are exaggerated due to swelling and fat cells that are naturally absorbed by your body.
Fat Injection Recovery
- Fat injections not only require the healing of the treatment area, but also the site where your fat is harvested.
- For about one week after your fat injections, the area may feel tender.
- You may also experience mild bruising and swelling. Normal activities do not need to be limited, but you may want to rest at home for about three days before returning to work.
The longevity of the fat injection procedure is highly variable, but most of our patients enjoy the benefits for up to one year. We do advise our patients that results tend to last longer when freshly harvested fat is used versus fat that has been collected and stored at our facility.*
*Take note individual results may vary
What Do Fat Injections Cost?
We accept most insurance plans and we offer financing options through CareCredit®. The total cost depends on the procedure. After your consultation appointment, we give you a total cost that includes anesthesia, pre- and post-operative care, and other associated costs. To learn more, call our office today.
What to Expect During your Consultation
We believe exceptional patient care is a right, not a privilege. Several areas will be covered during your consultation, including:
- Your medical history
- Discussion of your concerns and goals
- Explanation of procedure and expected results
- Customized treatment plan(s)
- Applicable fees and financing information
Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette offers cosmetic treatments using the latest medical advances to patients in entire Acadiana region, including New Iberia, Abbeville, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, and Monroe. For your private consultation, contact our office today.