The surgeons at Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette perform hand and wrist surgery on patients in Lafayette, LA following injuries or certain medical conditions so that they can have increased mobility and restore their quality of life.
What Is Hand and Wrist Reconstruction?
The surgery repairs the skin, tendons, bones, blood supply, muscles, nerves, and other anatomical structures of the hand and wrist. Surgeries for hand and wrist reconstruction are performed at various intensities, from suturing a superficial laceration to using skin grafts and other techniques for amputations.
Benefits of Hand and Wrist Reconstruction
- Freedom from pain
- Restores flexibility
- Prevents deformity of affected joint
Hand and Wrist Reconstruction Procedures
Our plastic surgeons are not only skilled at the delicate repairs needed in the hands and wrists, but they are also experienced in techniques that reduce scarring and maximize your post-surgery range of motion.
Popular procedures include:
- Dupuytren’s contracture: occurs when scar tissue develops in the fingers and palm of the hands. Surgery is required to cut through these bands or contractures which enable the fingers to move more easily.
- Carpal tunnel release: often performed to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. The condition occurs when there is excess pressure on the median nerve, which passes through the carpal tunnel of the wrist to join with the fingers and thumb.
- Trigger finger release: condition is caused by a thickening of the tendon which allows movement in that finger. Surgery helps ease the tendon, allowing a normal range of movement.
Preparing for Hand and Wrist Reconstruction
This includes learning as much as possible about your type of operation, making arrangements with your employer regarding time off work and adapting your home for your recovery period.
Hand and Wrist Reconstruction Recovery
Recovery time following a hand and wrist procedure is variable, depending on the complexity of the intervention. Splints may be used following surgery, and physical therapy is almost always part of the rehabilitative process.
Recovery can range from a few weeks to several months. We will make sure you receive all relevant information regarding post-operative care prior to your surgery.*
*Take note individual results may vary
What Does Hand and Wrist Reconstruction Cost?
We accept most insurance including workers’ comp and we offer financing options through CareCredit®. The total cost depends on the procedure. After your consultation appointment, we give you a total cost that includes anesthesia, pre- and post-operative care, and other associated costs. To learn more, call our office today.
Why Choose Plastic Surgery Associates
- We are the premier providers for reconstruction in Lafayette.
- Our team of surgical experts are highly qualified to perform a number of different reconstruction procedures.
- We offer a personalized and individualized treatment approach.
- We prioritize your health and well-being above all else.
What to Expect During your Consultation
We believe exceptional patient care is a right, not a privilege. Several areas will be covered during your consultation, including:
- Your medical history
- Discussion of your concerns and goals
- Explanation of procedure and expected results
- Customized treatment plan(s)
- Applicable fees and financing information
Plastic Surgery Associates of Lafayette offers cosmetic treatments using the latest medical advances to patients in entire Acadiana region, including New Iberia, Abbeville, Lake Charles, Alexandria, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Shreveport, and Monroe. For your private consultation, contact our office today.